Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Golden Years

I am saddened today to find out that a very dear friend is extremely ill. It's such a helpless feeling to see people we love suffer and not be able to help.

I guess when you get to be eighty, these losses are inevitable. But no matter how old they are, we want to keep our friends and family well and alive. Life goes by so quickly - it's Monday and then it's Monday again. Our minutes, hours, days are so dear.

Riding around in St. Louis today, I got to appreciate the beauty of this day. The trees vibrantly line the streets and highways, The hills seem covered in brightly-hued cauliflowers. How lucky it is to be here.

Please pray with me that my friend will be all right. I hope she can see the glorious trees through her hospital window.

No comments:

Post a Comment