Thursday, March 13, 2014

Death and Birth

How much my life has changed since I last posted on this blog. I was looking forward to spending "Happy Hour" with my husband Harvey, daughter Betty and friends. And now Harvey is gone.

Life is not the same. I look the same. I walk the same. I talk the same. But I am not the same. It has been seven months since he passed away and still every day reveals a new side of grief.

Death. It is a different world when you lose your spouse - your best friend. So many stages of grief. There is such a strong longing to share with others who are coping with a similar loss. What are your stages? Do you want to share?

And yet there is a new Birth in my life. My new children's book, The Peanut Butter Birthday Party is in the stages of being born next summer. A different kind of book than my comical book, The Perils of the Peanut Butter Kid. A more serious story that will help raise money for "Kids Rock Cancer" and hopefully for other non-profits. Some parts of life do some how go on.

Death and Birth. They are coming together. Both seem to epitomize this journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment