Saturday, January 16, 2010

The whole story

Just the facts, ma'am!

Our holiday season took an unexpected shift. On December 20 just as I was heading out my door, my daughter Betty called from the airport to tell me that she mand her beau had landed. My answer? "Can't talk to I'm taking Harvey (my husband) to the Emergency Room!"

He had severe abdominal pains and Dr. Ko wanted a CT scan immediately. So Betty and Mark met me at Eisenhower ER waiting area. Eventually they took him for the scan which showed abdominal blockage. He was admitted to the hospital and had surgery the following day. Luckily it was only scar tissue from gall bladder surgery and nothing more4e serious. Serious enough to keep him in the hospital for 8 days followed by 12 days in rehab.

He is thankfully home now and with the help of home care getting stronger each day. So my winter holiday turned into "Thanksgiving. I am so greatful that he came through.

My absolutely wonderful daughter stayed on to help me get through all the crises. I don't know what I would have done without her. She finally had to leave but was an amazing help.

So the New Year started off scary but is turning around.

Thanks to all for the lovely notes and calls. They meant a lot.

Will still continue with my "Peanut Butter Recipe Contest" but the end date may have to be delayed. Please post your favorite peanut butter recipes on my blog: www.peanutbutterlady.blogspot.com or on my Facebook page. (Cynthia Kagan Frohlichstein)Looking forward to some delicious recipes.

Remember to donate peanut butter and other nutritious foods to your local food pantries>

No comments:

Post a Comment